Upper Deck, Sports Images and Major League Baseball Partner with Hobby Shops for Pre-Release Parties
Carlsbad, CA – (November 16, 2007) – The SP Authentic brand has a strong lineage of providing the best and most valuable rookie cards in the market going back to the 1993 Derek Jeter and 1994 Alex Rodriguez cards. This year several rookies had breakout seasons and they may find themselves as the next perennial all-stars.
In 2007 SP Authentic Baseball, Upper Deck is proud to showcase rookie stars like Hunter Pence, Joba Chamberlain, Justin Upton, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Phil Hughes, Troy Tulowitzki, Ryan Braun and Upper Deck’s exclusive spokesman, Daisuke Matsuzaka. This release will feature signed “By the Letter” autograph rookie cards of each of these players. Randomly inserted into the set will be some unique prize cards that lucky collectors can exchange for a set of “By the Letter” autograph cards that spell out the entire last name of the player.
Upper Deck is celebrating these rookies and this 2007 SP Authentic MLB by co-sponsoring pre-release parties with Sports Images and Major League Baseball at a variety of shops on Tuesday, November 20th. Collectors who attend these parties will get the first opportunity to check out the new set and they will also have the opportunity to win some great prizes like limited edition Upper Deck autograph cards, a Mitchell & Ness throwback jersey and much more. The stores set to participate in the pre-release parties are listed below:
Contact – Steve Winnock
Slater Mill Mall
Jewett City, CT 06351
Kuhn’s Sports Cards & Collectibles
Contact – Greg Kuhn
322 Fort Zumwalt Square
O’Fallon, MO 63366
New England Sports Cards
Contact – Bruce Parker
76 Route 101A, #7
Amherst, NH 03031
2007 SP Authentic Baseball has a nationwide release date of Wednesday, November 21st. Each five card pack carries a suggested retail price of $4.99. Collectors can expect to find two autograph “By the Letter” cards in every twenty-four pack box on average. With great content, solid rookies and a fantastic promotion, Thanksgiving is coming early this year for collectors.
· Find two By the Letter Signatures in every box on average!
· Look for redemptions for the By the Letter entire last name!
· Pull one Dual, Triple, Quad Autograph or Auto Parallel of the base set in each case on average!
· NEW: Signature cards and Inserts printed on vibrant foil board!
· By the Letter Rookie Signatures – Serial Numbered
· By the Letter Signatures – Serial Numbered
· By the Letter Rookie Signatures Redemption for Entire Name – Serial Numbered
· By the Letter Signatures Redemption for Entire Name – Serial Numbered
· Sign of the Times Dual Signatures – Numbered to 75
· Sign of the Times Triple Signatures – Numbered to 25
· Sign of the Times Quad Signatures – Numbered to 5
· Chirography Dual Signatures – Numbered to 75
· Chirography Quad Signatures – Numbered to 5
· Regular Card Auto Parallel – Numbered to 5
· Authentic Power Insert
· Authentic Speed Insert
· 100 Regular Cards
About Upper Deck
Founded in 1988, Upper Deck is a premier global sports and entertainment-publishing company that delivers a portfolio of relevant, innovative and multi-dimensional product experiences to collectors, sports and entertainment enthusiasts. For information on Upper Deck or its products, visit www.upperdeck.com or www.upperdeckstore.com.