One Memorabilia Card Or Printing Plate Per Box – On Average!
(August 31, 2006) – Looking to step back in time? Collect cards of the kings of the diamond from yesteryear? Then 2006 Fleer Tradition Baseball (10-cards per pack) with its retro look and feel is the perfect nostalgic baseball card set to collect. 2006 Fleer Tradition Baseball (SRP $1.99), is available now and brings an old school 1950s sensibility to its 200-card regular set.
CARLSBAD, CA –
“Collectors of a more traditional baseball card will really enjoy opening 2006 Fleer Tradition Baseball as we have included a special sepia toned parallel or black and white card in every pack,” said Gregg Kohn, Product Manager for Baseball for Upper Deck. “We have also added autographed Ken Griffey Jr 1989 Fleer Rookie cards.”
In addition to featuring the top current players on Major League rosters, Fleer Tradition Baseball includes the best 25 rookies who have made their MLB debuts this season such as Ryan Zimmerman and Jered Weaver in the Blue Chip Prospects inserts. Another insert set sure to catch collectors eyes will be the Triple Crown Contenders cards which depict the top 15 likely candidates to pursue baseball’s Holy Grail, names like Albert Pujols, David Ortiz, Manny Ramirez and Derek Lee.
Batting cleanup for Fleer Tradition Baseball is the inclusion of the 1934 Goudey Greats inserts. “We have created a reprint insert set of the original 1934 Goudey set, each card will come with a certificate of authenticity verifying the content,” added Kohn.
Find one memorabilia card or a 1-of-1 printing plate per box on average!!
- Catch a collectable themed card, a sepia tone parallel or black and white parallel in every pack!
- Look for original autographed Ken Griffey Jr. 1989 Fleer Rookie cards!
- Discover actual 1934 Goudey cards randomly inserted!
- Collect 1934 Goudey reprint cards inserted one per box on average!
- Featuring a limited 200-card regular set and a 25-card insert set devoted to Blue Chip Prospects.
Autographs/Game-Used Memorabilia cards: Better than one hit per box on average!
· Signature Tradition - A 42-card autograph set featuring some of the most exciting ball players in the league!
· 1989 Fleer Ken Griffey Jr. autograph rookies – With cards dating back 17 years, Ken Griffey Jr. signs 99 of them as we celebrate one of the best and most exciting players in baseball.
· Traditional Threads – A 42-card memorabilia card set portraying what memorabilia cards would have looked like in the 1950s.
· Printing Plates
Box Break Inserts: Combined with Base Set parallels to insert one per pack on average!
· Blue Chip Prospects – Introducing 25 of the top talents for 2006.
· Triple Crown Contenders – Showcasing 15 of the top candidates for the Triple Crown.
· Grass Roots – Featuring the 25 players that exemplify the roots of the National Pastime.
· Diamond Tribute – Spotlighting 25 of the best in the game!
· 1934 Goudey Greats – Taking 100 of today’s superstars and showing them off in 1934 Goudey style!!
200-Card Regular set (with a sepia tone and black and white parallel set).